Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Does your milkshake bring all the boys to the yard? Cause I think mine may be broken. Just kidding. I have that stupid song in my head from the commerical for "Date Movie". It's by the same guys who did "Scary Movie" and has Willow in it.

Traffic leaving Chicago last night was bad. It was that bad stop and go and stop and wait and hurry go. I hate that kind. Give me the moving at 15-25 mph any day over the stop and go. So I'm chatting and tell Jim that I was sorry for snapping at him over the whole pasta strainer incedent; but I wouldn't have had to snap if he had done it right in the first place. Well, he disagreed with me. He believes that he was doing it the "correct" way. Or as I like to call it, the "Assinine" way. Of course I start aruging with him again over it.

The pasta pot goes: big pot-strainer-water-bring water to a boil-add salt-add pasta-cook pasta-pull strainer out of water and serve.
It's not big pot-water-bring water to a boil-put in strainer filled with pasta-forcing it down so boiling water erupts thru the little holes-splashes groin with boiling water-never have kids.
He tells me that he's been cooking pasta for much longer than I have and there fore know how to cook pasta. Or he comes up with, pouring pasta into the water splashes and putting it in the strainer and lowering doesn't splash. Amazing! What have we been doing for the last 100 years other than pouring dry pasta into water?
Ok, how does that make sense? You have to pour the pasta into the boiling water or else, how do you get the pasta into the water? Drop the rotini in one by one?
Basically, I know I'm right and he's wrong. Jim thinks that he's right, but deep inside has to know that he's wrong and just won't admit it now.

After dinner, we're just hanging out. Jim falls asleep infront of the tv. I'm going over some new recipes in Cooks Illustrated-hooo how to cook a leg of lamb. It sounds so good and easy! I want to make leg of lamb. I get up to go and get myself some tea and like the early exploriers of yore, I discover Lake Kitchen and Basement Waterfall.

Jim and I are just looking at this puddle and thinking, For the Love of Monkeys, the 10 year old dishwasher can not go right now. We are not buying a freaking dishwasher. (this is in my head because I would NEVER say it out loud) Jim just go and buy me a damn dishrack and I'll wash the stinking dishes by hand.

After inspecting the dishwasher, me blaming Jim for not rinsing and, oh and, over loading the damn thing. We discover that a small portion of the rubber seal is missing. Jim and I just have to get a new rubber seal and we should be all good. Well I still have to find the damn food trap and clean that out. Ew.

Afterwards, we're all cleaned up and getting ready for bed and there is poor Kora sitting by the bedroom door. She was the most pathetic thing. She knows that I'm reinacting my "No Pets in the Bedroom" rule. Sunday thru Thursday, the bed is ours and ours alone. We sleep much better and are able to cuddle up and get cozy together. Plus, we just sleep so much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home