Monday, January 30, 2006

This is dedicated to my friend Wubba

There is only one piece of furniture that I really want, a fainting couch. I can just imagine myself in a flowing night gown, reading an incredible important novel, while sipping the most exquisite liqueur ever made. There would be vases of flowers every where and everything would be white and fluffy and ever so comfortable. While I’m in my fantasy world, I would also be very skinny and Jim would be a tiger in the sack. And on the fainting couch.

My birthday is coming up and Jim thought he found the perfect fainting couch for me. He took me to go and see it on Sunday.

I’m hanging my head and biting my lip as I type this. It was the most awful piece of furniture that I have ever seen. It was leopard print, overstuffed, with a ruffly back, not at all my sweet, romantic dream couch.

It was very sweet of Jim to try to find my perfect little fainting couch, but oh man, did he ever get it wrong. And leopard print??? Where in the world did that come from? I mean, we’re discussed the décor of upstairs and it’s more asian modern than leopard print.

It’s so hard to be disappointed when I know that he tried to hard to please me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home