Saturday, January 28, 2006

Posted by Picasa This is a picture of the most evil toilet in the world. One evening, while getting ready for bed, I go to the bathroom-just pee-and that toilet made the most evil noise in the world. It was jarring. I go to Jim and am like, oh my god huney, there’s something wrong with the toilet. Jim tells me that it’s because I must of slammed the toilet seat shut. I tell him that no, I didn’t and he says he’s sure that’s want it is.
Then it happens again and I did not slam the toilet seat down and/or he was there and saw that I didn’t slam the toilet seat down. I look up on craigslist.org and find that it’s an air hammer and tell Jim. He basically tells me that we’re going to have to call a plumber out and that they are going to tell us that our pipes are old, and it’s just going to cost a lot of money for a problem that they can’t fix.
I went thru our home depot repair book and find that it’s just letting some air out of the toilet and show Jim and start looking for a plumber to come and fix it. Jim then went to hardware store and finds the little piece that fixes it. It’s just this little metal part that screws in between the water intake and toilet. Yea it’s fixed! Oh my Hero!!! Oh Please. I told him what it was. I looked up that it was an easy fix. With out my nagging it would have never gotten fixed.
So yea, it’s fixed. Then the damn ring that connects the handle to the chain that pulls up the flapper-where the water goes, gets loose. One morning, I’m getting ready and the ring goes and I have to reach into the tank and fix it and then my damn bracelet falls from that stupid little niche above the toilet and have to reach into the bowl to fish it out. Eh.
Jim decided to fix this ring with a split key ring. Now it doesn’t fall off and just not flush, it sticks. So the water keeps flowing and flowing and flowing.
Oh well, it doesn’t make that God Awful noise any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home